Satellite installation in Central Scotland – how it is done and why you need a professional company to help you out!
Installing a satellite dish on the outside of your Central Scotland home is a difficult task; it is not one for the inexperienced or those that do not have the correct tools. It can involve drilling large holes in the exterior of the walls, whilst balancing on a ladder.
Satellite installations at Central Scotland properties involves the use of a dish that receives signals from communication satellites that are in orbit around the earth, This is a far cry from the first day of television; black and white programmes that were grainy in quality!
And this is how satellite installations are completed at Central Scotland properties…
- You choose a satellite dish – you will, in most cases, subscribe to a satellite service and each service will invariably provide their own. In this case, you now need to purchase the satellite dish service that is right for you!
- Look up! – like other ‘normal’ aerials, satellite dishes will need to face in certain direction to get the best signal and by surveying in which direction the dishes belonging to the neighbours are facing will give you an idea. Having the best angle is essential for a good and strong signal that gives you a great viewing experience.
- The dish is fixed – this is the bit that can be tricky for someone who has never done it before! The dish needs to be mounted and fixed securely to the exterior of your property. Failure to do so could mean that it falls from the wall, causing damage to both the dish and your property.
- Levelling and positioning – once the mounting place is fixed, satellite installations for Central Scotland properties are now levelled, angled and positioned.
- Cabling – now that the dish is in place, the cables need to be added. This may mean drilling through the wall to feed the sable through the wall into the room where the receiving box is situated.
- Checking the signal – once this is all complete, the signal needs checking and once complete all the cabling etc. needs to be fixed, clipped and tidied so that it is organised and safe.
- Watch! – you are now able to watch hundreds of channels from across the world!
More and more people are enjoying the delights of ‘cable’ or satellite TV. There are many deals and packages available so why not take advantage and opt for a professional satellite installation at your Central Scotland home.
Where We Can Help
Mathers Satellites provide satellite services across Central Scotland:
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Paisley, East Kilbride, Livingston, Cumbernauld, Hamilton, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Greenock, Coatbridge, Airdrie, Falkirk, Stirling, Irvine, Rutherglen, Motherwell, Wishaw, Clydebank, Bearsden, Cambuslang, Newton Mearns, Bishopbriggs, Renfrew, Bellshill, Blantyre, Dumbarton, Kirkintilloch, Clarkston, Bathgate, Stenhousemuir, Barrhead, Kilwinning, Giffnock, Uddingston, Penicuik, Johnstone, Erskine, Larkhall